🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸 4th of July pet safety tips!! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
- Make sure your pets have identification tags with up-to-date information.
- If your pets aren’t already microchipped, talk with your veterinarian about microchipping. If your pets are microchipped, make sure your contact information in the microchip registry is up-to-date.
- Take a current photo of all of your dogs – just in case.
- Make sure the environment is safe and secure. Consider putting your pets in a safe, escape-proof room or crate during parties and fireworks.
- Leave your pets at home when you go to parties, fireworks displays, parades and other gatherings. Keep your pets inside if you or your neighbors are setting off fireworks.
- After the celebration, check your yard for fireworks debris before allowing pets outside to play or relax. Even if you didn’t set off fireworks yourself, debris can make its way into your yard, where curious animals may pick it up to play with or eat.
Let’s celebrate the 4th of July responsibly !